Isola’s global Analytical Services Laboratory based in Chandler, Arizona offers extensive capabilities for the evaluation of printed circuit boards and laminates. Our team of scientists provides in-house testing, interpretation and assistance to our customers. The Analytical Services Laboratory is staffed by a team of experts with over 150 years of combined industry experience. Isola is committed to maintaining a state-of-the–art analytical services laboratory, including recent investments in the following new capabilities:
- Short Pulse Propagation (SPP): Measures the insertion loss of a resin system as related to its packaging.
- Set 2 Dill: Measures the insertion loss of a printed circuit board.
- Probe Station: Measures S-parameters to evaluate the performance of printed circuit board materials at high frequencies using micro-probes.
- Profilometer: Evaluates 3-D surface roughness using laser light to measure µm changes in the profile.
- Scanning Acoustic Microscope (SAM): Performs non-destructive failure analysis and inspection.
- Ares G2 Rheometer: Measures the flow and deformation behavior of materials.
- Gas Chromatography with Mass Spectrometer (GCMS): Analysis of compounds to identify the substances contained within a test sample.
- Ion Chromatography (IC): Measures the concentration of ions in a material at ppm levels.