Analytical Services Laboratory Increases Capabilities
Isola’s global Analytical Services Laboratory based in Chandler, Arizona offers extensive capabilities for the evaluation of printed circuit boards and laminates. Our team of scientists provides in-house testing, interpretation and assistance to our customers. The Analytical Services Laboratory is staffed by a team of experts with over 150 years of combined industry experience. Isola is committed to maintaining a state-of-the–art analytical services laboratory, including recent investments in the following new capabilities:
- Short Pulse Propagation (SPP): Measures the insertion loss of a resin system as related to its packaging.
- Set 2 Dill: Measures the insertion loss of a printed circuit board.
- Probe Station: Measures S-parameters to evaluate the performance of printed circuit board materials at high frequencies using micro-probes.
- Profilometer: Evaluates 3-D surface roughness using laser light to measure µm changes in the profile.
- Scanning Acoustic Microscope (SAM): Performs non-destructive failure analysis and inspection.
- Ares G2 Rheometer: Measures the flow and deformation behavior of materials.
- Gas Chromatography with Mass Spectrometer (GCMS): Analysis of compounds to identify the substances contained within a test sample.
- Ion Chromatography (IC): Measures the concentration of ions in a material at ppm levels.
07 February 2013