CHANDLER, Ariz., Feb. 22, 2012 — Isola Group S.a.r.l., a leading global material sciences company that designs, develops, manufactures and markets copper-clad laminates and dielectric prepreg materials used to fabricate advanced multi-layer printed circuit boards (PCBs), will be showcasing five new products in Booth 2019 at the IPC APEX EXPO® Feb. 28–Mar. 1, 2012 in San Diego, CA.
Isola is one of the founding exhibitors at this leading industry event (http://www.ipcapexexpo.org) that features advanced and emerging technologies in PCB manufacturing and assembly. In addition to displaying its existing high-performance materials, Isola plans to feature the following new products during the three-day expo:
- I-Speed™ (https://www.isola-group.com/products/i-speed-2/) is Isola’s next generation, lead-free compatible, low-loss (Df 0.0065), laminate, and part of its UL family of high-speed digital products (IS415, FR408 and FR408HR), making it easier to qualify by fabricators and OEMs. I-Speed offers both thermal and electrical improvements over competitive products. It has a Tg of 180 degrees Celsius by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and a Td of 356 degrees Celsius. In three separate signal integrity tests, it delivered a 15 percent reduction in Z-axis expansion and demonstrated a 25 percent improvement in dielectric loss over competitive materials. These attributes make it an ideal product for OEMs demanding higher reliability and bandwidth for increasingly difficult designs. In elevated temperature testing, I-Speed demonstrated the ability to withstand 260 degrees Celsius as received (i.e. without conditioning) and after prolonged exposure to high humidity and temperature. Testing was performed on thick, very high layer-count boards with an extremely tight pitch.
- I-Tera™ (https://www.isola-group.com/products/i-tera/) is Isola’s next generation, very low-loss material with a Df of 0.0035. I-Tera was designed for multilayer circuit boards including large format, high layer-count backplanes, high-speed digital, hybrid and RF/microwave designs. The electrical properties are lower than competitive products and consistent over temperature. I-Tera has a Tg of 200 degrees Celsius and a Td of 360 degrees Celsius. It offers processing advantages over competitive products in multilayer lamination, extended drill tool life and desmear processes not dependent on the use of plasma. I-Tera will be available globally with standard core constructions and prepregs.
- 185HR (https://www.isola-group.com/products/185hr/) is Isola’s next generation, high reliability, lead-free compatible, standard loss product. 185HR is an electrically enhanced resin system that meets the OEM’s need for designs with high layer counts, higher bandwidths and where conventional phenolic-cured laminates do not offer the electrical properties required for the desired signal integrity. 185HR has a high glass transition temperature (Tg) greater than 170 degrees Celsius, a decomposition temperature (Td) of 340 degrees Celsius and delivers a reduction in Z-axis expansion and a 30 percent improvement in dielectric loss properties, placing it in the same category as Isola’s conventional High-Tg FR4 family.
- Auto-HR (https://www.isola-group.com/products/auto-hr/) is a proprietary, high-performance resin system with a Tg greater than 170 degrees Celsius for multilayer printed wiring board (PWB) applications where maximum thermal performance and reliability are required. It is available in 0.014”, 0.028”, 0.035” and 0.042” thicknesses. Auto-HR will be available to the Asia-Pacific and European markets focused on these constructions to provide superior performance at a competitive cost.
- FR406HR (https://www.isola-group.com/products/fr406hr/) is a high-Tg, lead-free assembly compatible FR4 material with the thermal properties of a phenolic-cured resin system. The FR406HR allows for the migration from phenolic-cured and/or standard dicy-cured resin systems that need standard dielectric constants (Dk) and dissipation factors (Df), while maintaining the thermal reliability in the resin system
For more information, stop by Booth 2019 at the IPC APEX EXPOor visit https://www.isola-group.com/products/.