Ray Sharpe, President and CEO of Isola will participate in the “Semiconductor Opportunities in Communications Infrastructure” panel at Piper Jaffray’s Annual TMT Conference at 12:30PM ET on Tuesday, March 12, 2013.
The discussion will focus on current issues in infrastructure. The panel will address the following questions:
- The needs and demands of data centers are changing. What are the new requirements that are driving the business today?
- Where is the leverage in the data center? Is it processor speed, memory bandwidth, networking or some other bandwidth bottleneck?
- LTE growth has been slow and coverage is still spotty, do you see this changing?
- It seems that, over time, communication standards have been moving to Ethernet Protocol. Are there opportunities in an increasingly Ethernet-based network?
- How quickly does 100G networking gain traction? Is there a price per port where there is an inflection point?
- What impact will microservers have on your business? What are you doing to position your company to take advantage of this growing data center market?
- We are seeing a move by some OEMs to design their own chips and see Intel becoming a direct-to-OEM foundry. Do you have an IP strategy? Do you think this is a viable model going forward?