Tg 185, Td 380
Dk 3.02, Df 0.0021
Tachyon 100G laminate materials are designed for very high-speed digital applications up to and beyond speeds of 100 Gb/s. Tachyon 100-G materials exhibit exceptional electrical properties that are very stable over a broad frequency and temperature range.
Tachyon 100G is suitable for scaling current products to their next generation through design of new backplanes and daughter cards, enabling almost 10x improvements from 10 Gb/s data rates. Tachyon 100G targets line cards that require the highest thermal performance. It has identical electricals as Tachyon, but offers a 30% improvement in Z-axis CTEs on high-layer count PCBs. This makes it a perfect choice for higher layer line cards that have multiple 2 Oz. planes and BGAs with pitches at 0.8 mm or less.
Tachyon 100G products use spread glass and reduced profile copper to mitigate skew and improve rise times, reduce jitter, increase eye width and height. Use of ultra smooth cooper is enabled by very high adhesive bond between the resin and the metal. Tachyon 100G has a nominal dielectric constant (Dk) of 3.02 that is stable between -55°C and +125°C up to 40 GHz. In addition, Tachyon 100G offers a very low nominal dissipation factor (Df) of 0.0021.
Tachyon 100G laminate materials are available in optimized laminate and prepreg forms in typical thicknesses and standard panel sizes to provide a complete material solution for high-speed digital multilayer backplanes and daughter cards.
- Dk: 3.02
- Df: 0.0021
- Typical electrical properties over a broad frequency and temperature range per IPC-TM-650-22.214.171.124
- Tg of 200°C (DMA)
- Tg of 185°C (DSC)
- Td of 360°C (TGA)
- Low CTE in the Z-axis 2.5% (50 to 260°C)
- Tachyon offers a complete laminate materials solution for double-sided, hybrid and multilayer printed circuit designs.
- Thicknesses: 0.002″ – 0.018″
- Copper Foil Cladding: ½, 1 and 2 oz., VLP-2
- Prepregs: Rolls or panels
- Glass Styles: Tachyon offers the unique ability to use standard glass fabrics
- IPC-4103 /17
- UL Recognized: V-0
- UL Qualified: 130 MOT