Tg 200, Td 360
Dk 3.04, Df 0.0021
Tachyon™ laminate materials are designed for very high-speed digital applications up to and beyond speeds of 100 Gb/s.
Tachyon materials exhibit exceptional electrical properties that are very stable over a broad frequency and temperature range. Tachyon is suitable for scaling current products to their next generation through design of new backplanes and daughter cards, enabling almost 10x improvements from 10 Gb/s data rates.
Tachyon products use spread glass and reduced profile copper to mitigate skew and improve rise times, reduce jitter, increase eye width and height. Use of ultra smooth cooper is enabled by very high adhesive bond between the resin and the metal. Tachyon has a nominal dielectric constant (Dk) of 3.0 that is stable between -55°C and +125°C up to 40 GHz. In addition, Tachyon offers a very low nominal dissipation factor (Df) of 0.002.
Tachyon laminate materials are available in optimized laminate and prepreg forms in typical thicknesses and standard panel sizes to provide a complete material solution for high-speed digital multilayer backplanes and daughter cards.
- Dk: 3.02
- Df: 0.0021
- Typical electrical properties over a broad frequency and temperature range per IPC-TM-650-18.104.22.168
- Tg of 200°C (DMA)
- Td of 360°C (TGA)
- Low CTE in the Z-axis 2.8% (50 to 260°C)
- Tachyon offers a complete laminate materials solution for double-sided, hybrid and multilayer printed circuit designs.
- Thicknesses: 0.002″ – 0.018″
- Copper Foil Cladding: ½, 1 and 2 oz., VLP-2
- Prepregs: Rolls or panels
- Glass Styles: Tachyon offers the unique ability to use standard glass fabrics
- UL Recognized: V-0