Tg 190, Td 360
Dk 3.68, Df 0.0072
/98 /99 /101 /126
FR408HR is a proprietary high-performance 230°C (DMA) glass transition temperature (Tg) FR-4 system for multilayer Printed Wiring Board (PWB) applications where maximum thermal performance and reliability are required.
FR408HR is a proprietary high-performance 230°C (DMA) glass transition temperature (Tg) FR-4 system for multilayer Printed Wiring Board (PWB) applications where maximum thermal performance and reliability are required. FR408HR laminate and prepreg products are manufactured with Isola’s patented high-performance multifunctional resin system, reinforced with electrical grade (E-glass) glass fabric. This system delivers a 30% improvement in Z-axis expansion and offers 25% more electrical bandwidth (lower loss) than competitive products in this space. These properties coupled with superior moisture resistance at reflow, result in a product that bridges the gap from both a thermal and electrical perspective.
FR408HR IS is a product extension of FR408HR, manufactured with Isola’s patentable high performance multifunctional resin system, reinforced with electrical grade (low Dk) glass fabric. The low Dk glass significantly reduces the Dk of the material to 3.39, allowing increased trace widths and also reduces skew caused by Dk differences between the glass and resin.
This material is also available as FR408HR BC with buried capacitance technology, which allows for a very thin dielectric layer that provides distributive decoupling capacitance and takes the place of conventional discrete capacitors. Unlike standard laminates, special copper foils and foil orientation are required to ensure uniform capacitance and electrical integrity.
The FR408HR system is laser fluorescing and UV blocking for maximum compatibility with Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) systems, optical positioning systems and photoimagable solder mask imaging.
- IPC-4101D-WAM1 /98 /99 /101 /126 (Previously certified to IPC-4101C /21 /24 /26 /121 /124 /126/129)
- UL Recognized – FR-4, File Number E41625
- Qualified to UL’s MCIL Program
- Tg of 190°C (DSC), 230°C (DMA) (Base Laminate)
- Low CTE for reliability
- Lead-free compatible and RoHS compliant
- UV Blocking and AOI Fluorescence
- High throughput and accuracy during PCB fabrication and assembly
- Closest to conventional FR-4 processing of all high speed materials
- Thickness: 0.002” ZBC [.05 mm] to 0.059″ [1.5 mm]
Available in sheet or panel form
- Copper Foil Cladding: Grade 3 (HTE), ½, 1 and 2 oz.
- Foil Options: Reverse treat
- Prepregs: Available in roll or panel form