Tg 200, Td 360
Dk 3.68, Df 0.0092
/21 /24 /121 /124 /129
FR408HR is a proprietary high-performance 230°C (DMA) glass transition temperature (Tg) FR-4 system for multilayer Printed Wiring Board (PWB) applications where maximum thermal performance and reliability are required.
FR408HR laminate and prepreg products are manufactured with Isola’s patentable high-performance multifunctional resin system, reinforced with electrical grade (E-glass) glass fabric. This system delivers a 30% improvement in Z-axis expansion and offers 25% more electrical bandwidth (lower loss) than competitive products in this space. These properties coupled with superior moisture resistance at reflow, result in a product that bridges the gap from both a thermal and electrical perspective.
The FR408HR system is also laser fluorescing and UV blocking for maximum compatibility with Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) systems, optical positioning systems and photoimagable solder mask imaging.
FR408HRIS is a product extension of FR408HR, which features low Dk glass.
- IPC-4101C /21 /24 /121 /124 /129
- UL Recognized – FR-4, File Number E41625
- Qualified to UL’s MCIL Program
- Tg of 200°C (DSC), 230°C (DMA) (Base Laminate)
- Low CTE for reliability
- Lead-free compatible and RoHS compliant
- UV Blocking and AOI Fluorescence
- High throughput and accuracy during PCB fabrication and assembly
- Closest to conventional FR-4 processing of all high speed materials
- Thickness: 0.002” ZBC [.05 mm] to 0.059″ [1.5 mm]
Available in sheet or panel form
- Copper Foil Cladding: Grade 3 (HTE), ½, 1 and 2 oz.
- Foil Options: Reverse treat
- Prepregs: Available in roll or panel form