Tg 180, Td 360
Dk 3.64, Df 0.0060
/98 /99 /101 /126
I-Speed® is a proprietary high-performance 180°C (DSC) glass transition temperature (Tg) FR-4 system for multilayer Printed Wiring Board (PWB) applications where maximum thermal performance and reliability are required.
I-Speed laminate and prepreg products are manufactured with Isola’s patented high performance multifunctional resin system, reinforced with electrical grade (E-glass) glass fabric. This system delivers a 15% improvement in Z-axis expansion and offers 25% more electrical bandwidth (lower loss) than competitive products in this space. These properties coupled with superior moisture resistance at reflow, result in a product that bridges the gap from both a thermal and electrical perspective.
I-Speed IS is a product extension of I-Speed, manufactured with Isola’s patentable high performance multifunctional resin system, reinforced with electrical grade (low Dk) glass fabric. The low Dk glass significantly reduces the Dk of the material to 3.30, allowing increased trace widths and also reduces skew caused by Dk differences between the glass and resin.
The I-Speed system is laser fluorescing and UV blocking for maximum compatibility with Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) systems, optical positioning systems and photoimagable solder mask imaging.
- IPC-4101D-WAM1 /98 /99 /101 /126 (Previously certified to IPC-4101C /21 /24 /121 /124 /129)
- UL Recognized – FR-4, File Number E41625
- Qualified to UL’s MCIL class with FR408. IS415, FR408HR family for ease of qualification
- Tg of 180°C (DSC), (Base Laminate)
- Low CTE for reliability
- Lead-free compatible and RoHS compliant
- Good performance in lead-free and MSL testing
- UV blocking and AOI fluorescence
- Thickness: 0.002” Available in sheet or panel form
- Copper Foil Cladding: Grade 3 (HTE), ½, 1, 2 oz. and 2-3μ
- Foil Options: VLP-2, RTF, HTE Grade 3
- Prepregs: Available in roll or panel form